we're hiring a mobile/ui engineer!
We’re looking for an engineer well-versed in mobile development to join our team.
SOON is a dating app & that wants you to do something rather classic—get together for a face-to-face date & do so, very soon. Rather than beginning with the standard yet uninspiring greeting of “hey, how are you,” users’ first messages are seamlessly funneled into a date invite, setting a time & place to meet.
This is a primarily in-person (open to hybrid) position in San Francisco—we work out of our airy loft-office most days of the week! You'll be joining our small but mighty existing team, this means working closely with our senior engineer (full-stack) & our designer. This is a full-time 6 month contract role with the opportunity to join us long-term & earn equity.
Check out what we've built thus far →
→ OUR VALUES
· We're curious & we're product obsessed. Want to build something out? Let's explore—we'll do everything to help you make it happen.
· We're researchers by training, but we move fast when something strikes us as *right.* Dynamism is big for us.
· The happiness of our developers is of utmost importance to us—our company & our product are stronger for it.
→ WHAT YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor's or higher in CS, or sufficient software engineering experience.
· Deep familiarity with React Native or a component based UI framework.
· Knowledge & experience with iOS & Android development.
· Familiarity with Redux, or a similar state management.
· Familiarity with AWS & DynamoDB is a bonus.
· Intuition for how a dating app should feel, look & work—with accessibility & ease in mind.
→ WHAT WE OFFER
· Competitive compensation based on experience.
· Daily lunch stipend + monthly outings with the team.
· Equipment budget.
· A spot at our airy SF Loft-office!
→ HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with an intro about yourself, your CV, a short description of relevant work experience & links to past projects.
SOON values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.